Getting Started

I have been thinking about this for a while. Actually, I am very good in thinking, however where I struggle is implementing my thoughts. Same has been the thing with my thought to try blogging… actively…

I have always thought that I should blog… as it involves writing… and that is what my job is… though its more related to technical writing and editing. However, today is the day that I am trying to pen my very first blog. Though, there is nothing specific that I have in mind when I am writing this, but I thought its good to start somewhere, even if it is just writing whatever comes to mind, real time.

I think I need to acknowledge the fact that I have always been standing on the edge of a cliff, waiting to fly, but not taking the plunge. The final nudge that has pushed me off the cliff is my attendance at a recent session at office with an author, Vanaja Banagiri. It was interesting to hear her talk. She narrated her journey and experiences, which were a welcome break from the regular thing we are used to hearing at work. I can’t say I am really influenced by her talk, but at-least it helped wake the writer in me, who was just used to writing for work, but not for pleasure. The result of it is that I am writing what I am writing now.

I hope this enthusiasm about writing my blog doesn’t fizzle out and I keep blogging, actively, as I have somewhere wanted. So, wish me luck :)

1 comment:

  1. All the best Sameer for your blog.And hey read all ur blogs....U are a good writer.You narrate things very nicley.Hope u enjoy ur hobby of writing....all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete